VIRTUAL ART AND ACTIVITIES – MALBA RISES TO THE OCCASION
In accordance to the measures taken by the national authorities, which include social distancing and avoiding leaving the house as much as possible, the Malba has launched a project that has virtual artistic and historical content.
In a statement, the Museum of Latin American Art of Buenos Aires published:
These are days of isolation and extreme care, but they are also days to think and return to those books, movies and music that captivate and inspire us. From Malba we create an online agenda to bring the museum closer to our entire community. Here is a preview, more details of days and times coming soon!
- Encounters with Remedios Var: A series of visits on Instagram Live by the curators, critics, specialists and educators of the museum, which will address different aspects of his life and work. #RemediosEnMalba
- Behind Malba: Throughout these days we will share live the process of setting up an exhibition, the tasks of conservation and restoration of some works, the creation of an editorial concept and how a book is printed, in addition to the step-by-step of the projection of a film in 35 mm. #DetrasDeMalba
- Tribute to Olga Orozco: On Tuesday, March 17, we organized together with @cmolgaorozco a reading marathon in networks to celebrate the great Argentine poet Olga Orozco, on the centenary of her birth. #MalbaLiteratura # OlgaOrozco100years
- Trivia Malba: Different games to learn more about the history and method of Remedios Varo. Also some questions about the great works of the Malba Collection. #TriviaMalba
- Circulation project: Essays, interviews, conferences, master classes. A circuit of ideas through the recovery of a set of materials that accompanied Malba's exhibitions and programs throughout these 18 years. #ArchivoMalba #ProyectoCirculacion
- Teaching materials: Different online resources to download from the web and carry out activities with the children at home or in the classroom. #MalbaEducacion
We congratulate Malba’s initiative at this crucial moment and we encourage other cultural institutions to present agendas and projects that, like this one, bring art and knowledge into the public’s homes so that we can all take care of oneself and the community.